The photo above is that of a Koi (Japanese carp). This one is a Goromo - one of the many different varieties of Koi . One of my first and certainly not my last.


Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good start in the Year of the Tiger

The weather was HOT HOT HOT in the last two weeks leading to the Lunar New Year in Singapore. In preparation for the new year, I did my usual pond filter maintenance, trim and re-potted some young water lilies and added fertilisers too.

My Koi looks great, the pond water is clear and my water lilies are blooming again! All ready for the festive occasion.

In the tradition of the Lunar New Year, the last weekend has been busy with the visits to relatives and vice versa. One good thing about having a Koi pond in the house is that my young nephews and nieces are actually looking forward to visiting Uncle Jeff so that they can feed his fishes.

child feeding koi

A Koi pond or water in the house is good for feng shui and brings luck to the occupiers. Good Feng Shui or not, I made some money on the Gin Rummy table as well. Good start in the Year of the Tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment