The photo above is that of a Koi (Japanese carp). This one is a Goromo - one of the many different varieties of Koi . One of my first and certainly not my last.


Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Water Lilies

  With the strong sunlight and regular fertilising, my lilies are thriving and blooming.  Lilies spread out in a circular fashion from their rooting point or pot. My current lily pond which measures 4m x 1.2m is considered too small and small leaves are actually sticking out from the sides of the pond

DSC_5396

I have two varieties in my pond.

DSC_5400

This is a large flower, each petal measuring about 60 cm. It opens up nicely under strong sunlight and closes up when it gets shady or cloudy.

DSC_5399

This variety flowers almost non-stop. Buds are constantly pushing up from under the water. You get one flower per day. The flower is about half the size of the other variety but the colours are more vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment